Have you every thought about starting a diet or getting healthier but didn’t? Or perhaps you started one and then quit? What about going to the gym or committing to yourself to become more active and healthy? I am sure everyone has but the real question is, what is really going on with you in these situation?
The truth is that your body tells you daily that you can be doing better. It is constantly sending you messages (masked as symptoms) for you to eat better, lose weight, sleep deeper, move more and make extra time for self-love so that you can have more energy, age slower, experience an active sex drive and enjoy boundless health. It is these signals that send a surge of motivation to change and to act. The problem is that your deep rooted self-sabotaging habits revolt and work on overdrive to keep you in familiar routines by prioritizing things far less important before your own health.
Here is what I want for each one of my clients:
- I want you to learn to listen to your body when it is speaking to you, it’s telling you what it needs.
- I want you to live longer.
- I want you to age appropriately
- I want those wrinkles to soften and for you to have beautiful skin.
- I want you to lose weight, if necessary and have more energy
- I want your organs to thrive and to stay in good shape for your entire life.
- I want what your body wants and I jump in heart and soul to equip you with the tools to start your transformation.
- I partner with the part of you that motivates you to act and get healthy and I battle against the part of you that tries to stop you from achieving greater health.
- I stay consistent until habits merge with your goals.
- BUT, you are the one who has to do the work!
Integrative Medicine’s approach to health and medical treatment is an entirely different way of thinking. Instead of just treating symptoms, I look upstream as far as I can to find the cause of health issues. Where conventional medicine is focused on finding disease that can be treated with drugs or surgery, a functional integrative approach looks for the root causes and makes that the starting point.
An integrative functional approach does not mean that I will just replace your medicines with herbs. That is still just managing symptoms. A typical plan will likely address diet, sleep, relationships, stress and exercise. I might however, use supplements and herbs to help manage symptoms while we work on the deeper changes. I may also decide to incorporate other modalities like chiropractic, acupuncture which I have practitioners who I partner with for referrals.
Each person is unique, and therefore assessment and programs are tailored to your situation. I discuss options and decide together what you want to tackle, and strategize how to actually accomplish your goals.
If you want to know more about me, here are some questions that I am often asked that may be helpful to you:
- What type of clients do you work best with?
I see the best results with those who have reached many of their goals in life and now feel like their health is holding them back. They are ready to take the steps needed to change their health and are open to trying a new approach. They don’t have to be gourmet chefs, but at least be open to learning and experiencing greater comfort and know-how in their own kitchen.
2. How is what you offer different than traditional nutritionists?
Well typically most nutritionists offer solutions that stick to the guidelines which follow the food pyramid from the ADA. I take into consideration that each person is unique in their own right which means they each have their own nutritional needs. What works for one person, isn’t going to be the best across the board, We are not a one size fits all world.
My clients look to me for personalized coaching and support on things as specific as food allergies, food sensitivities, digestive issues, yeast overgrowth, endocrine imbalances (hormonal), blood pressure and cholesterol balance, blood sugar control through their diet and as general as “how can I get meals on my table faster?” While most nutritionists dwell on lists of good/bad foods. I work with clients to create a whole food diet that incorporates of course more plants and for those that still want meat in their diets as some body types actually require the addition of meat into their nutritional routine. So helping them to reach their goals in a way that can be flexible and fun and benefits the health and well being of their entire family, so they don’t feel like they are making separate meals for everyone. No one has time to feel like a short order cook.
3. What is your approach to eating healthy?
Well you will be excited to hear to doesn’t have to turn your busy, successful lifestyle upside down and doesn’t involve gimmicks or be overly expensive. You do have to be willing to spend time in your kitchen preparing whole foods and I also offer you guidance on how not to derail yourself when traveling and eating out. I can offer you short cut suggestions and teach you how to incorporate prep -cooking techniques that will be time well spent to move you from the kitchen to the dining table with less hassle.
4. What’s it like working with you once I become a client?
After we complete your initial session, which consists of a one-hour private consultation where we get to meet each other and see if we are the right fit, you can expect to make the transition a pleasurable part of your life.
I provide on-going support during and in-between our sessions to make sure you have the guidance needed to reach all of your health goals. We speak over the phone for our weekly calls depending on what program you choose, and I’ll outline up to three, personalized, very simple actions steps to upgrade your nutrition at each session.
Each session will build upon the previous one, creating momentum and lasting results, delivered with lots of support and encouragement.
5. How can I sample your work before I sign up?
You can sign up for my FREE blog . Once you have added your email address you will always receive notification every time I post a new article, recipe or health tip. This is a great way for you to get to know me, my work and if it speaks to you. So you can take the time to pour through the numerous topics, recipes and anatomy lessons I have there.
6. What kind of programs do you offer?
I invite you to take a look at my programs here. I offer a range of programs for different needs, and budgets and if I feel that I can absolutely help you, I’ll go over them in great detail with you in your initial session. By the way, I offer telephone and Skype sessions so geography doesn’t have to be an issue.
7. So what does it take to experience the benefits of working together?
In over a decade of professional teaching and mentoring and consulting, here are what I believe to be the necessary steps to reach your physical, emotional and wellness goals. These 4 steps are important for your success:
- Clarify: The first step is knowing what results you want to achieve. What is your reason for a more natural approach for supporting your health? What is the end result you desire? You will need to get clear on the big picture of your personal journey and then step two becomes effortless.
- Commit: Without a commitment to regular application, as with anything in life, results can be expected to be minimal. Many people never move past step two because they have not found the greater purpose for what being healthy is supposed to feel like. If you find yourself struggling, repeat step one. The bottom line: what you put into any program is what you will get out.
- Direct: As you move further into making your lifestyle changes, your willpower will get stronger and you will find your drive and desire enhancing. This comes with proper direction and support of a good teacher. For some it will be about re-connecting with their love of self in a natural and non-dogmatic way; for others it will be about learning new life strategies for enhancing everyday living; for some it will be about removing self-limiting and self-destructive behaviors that hinder their forward progress and others their practice will be about cultivating energy for health, vitality, self-love, anti-aging support, anxiety-relief and body confidence and really this list of positives is ongoing.
- Application: Everything you will learn in your sessions spent with me will be applicable to everyday living. You will learn how to apply what you learn in each session to improve the quality of your life through stronger health and vitality. Your wealth is in your health; when you are feeling healthy and strong everything else in life is achievable.
- Refine: The nature of learning new habits and applying as well as experiencing the benefits provides ample opportunities to make subtle, yet powerful adjustments to suit your unique lifestyle and schedules. This results in making who you are and everything you do better.
- Live: with ongoing practice, you will be applying and experiencing the benefits and deeper insights that equip you with the tools for continuous personal growth that can be used to assist you in living fully and achieving your personal and even professional goals. When we feel clear headed and have higher levels of physical energy it boosts our productivity in all levels of what we call “our lives.”
Jodi Barnett N.D., Orthomolecular Nutritionist, QFA Clinician, Gaps Diet Practitioner.
To Me, living well means so much more than how one looks on the outside physically.
I took my passion for healthy living and created an inspiring educational approach that awakens my clients innate desire to tap into their unique rhythms for a healthier more joyous living.
The healthful and practical nutritional choices need to provide fuel for your body and mind
to enhance your quality of life.
I believe strongly that every single individual has the power within them to honor themselves by achieving a healthier mind and body. The journey is easier than you think when you have the right information to assist you. I teach clients how to make small nutritional changes that reap big results in their health.
I bring a combination of my professional qualifications, consulting experience and personal journey to all my consultations allow me to share…
HEALTHY LIVING PRINCIPLE #1
HOME IS WHERE HEALTHY LIVING STARTS.
True health begins at home, the heart of where we rest and recharge. The relationships we have with ourselves, our partners, families, and physical dwelling impact hugely on and may determine the state of our health. Integrating healthy lifestyle and eating habits into our home environment is one of the most powerful tools we have over our health and long-term wellness and happiness.
HEALTHY LIVING PRINCIPLE #2
HEALTHY HOMES CREATE HEALTHY FUTURES.
Children are the future; they are the next generation. They hold in their power the ability to build a world greater than we ever could have fathomed for ourselves. Healthy children from a healthy living home will yield healthy leaders, communities, and life.. Children are like sponges. They absorb what is around them. Engage in healthy living, healthy foods, and self-nurture and you will raise children where healthy living is second nature. We must lead by example, you won’t fool them into being healthy.
HEALTHY LIVING PRINCIPLE #3
FINDING YOUR OWN ROUTINE IS THE NEW LIFE BALANCE.
I believe each person brings with them a unique life routine. We need to honor our respective rhythm or we risk being overly influenced by our peers and society.
Consistently staying in sync with our unique human blueprint allows us to thrive in every aspect of our lives. Authenticity in emotional, social, mental, spiritual and physical realms keeps us connected to our source and feeds that inner calm.
Reconnecting to our inner selves may always feel like a journey, but just as you pause and reflect upon different aspects in your life; perhaps your career or life direction, it is important from time to time to take a step back and reflect on your daily rhythms/routines; your food choices, sleep patterns, exercise and more – then the hard part is to reevaluate whether or not they are serving you in a positive or negative way.
HEALTHY LIVING PRINCIPLE #4
Once you learn the various health and nutritional options you do have, you will feel empowered to make new choices that prove to be both satisfying and beneficial, and your desire to have a body, mind and soul that blossoms into it’s healthier version by design.
HEALTHY LIVING PRINCIPLE #5
SMALL CHANGES, BRING BIG RESULTS.
Healthy living doesn’t translate into being deprived…. It is about incorporating slight changes that yield big gains. Its really is about tailoring your efforts to your circumstances and your needs so that everything you implement works for you and your life.
HEALTHY LIVING PRINCIPLE #6
FOOD AFFECTS EVERYTHING AND CAN ENHANCE YOUR LIFE.
The quality of the food you put into your body influences the quality of your thoughts and your thoughts will color every experience in your life. Eating healthier leads to a clean and clear body, mind and soul. Choose wisely instead of leaning on convenience due to lack of planning ahead for your daily schedule.
HEALTHY LIVING PRINCIPLE #7
YOU HAVE THE POWER.
No one can improve your health but yourself. No one can take responsibility for your choices. No one can control you unless you allow them too. Taking ALL responsibility may seem daunting, but with all responsibility also comes all the power. The power is yours. Own it by empowering yourself. I will show you how when we work together.
Jodi Barnett N.D., Orthomolecular Nutritionist,
Harvested Health LLC
(Sharing is Caring, so feel free to share my posts, articles etc. with those who you feel are looking for a different way).