SIGNS OF POTASSIUM DEFICIENCY
More people are deficient in key minerals than they realize, and there are symptoms that are often overlooked. Below are some symptoms that one may experience if they are in fact deficient in potassium.
Don’t just look for these symptoms in yourself, but a large majority that I am now seeing are in Children!
Fears, easily startled by noises.
- Skin can feel like its crawling from underneath.
- Brain functions poorly during the day & better at night.
- Sleep is troubled and restless, dreams feel vivid; habits alternate.
- The body is tender to touch. ( FIBROYMALGIA folks fall in this category too)
Ambition and drive feel absent.
- Noise interferes with speech and thought processes.
Sensitive to weather changes.
Prone to depression.
The body chemistry is adversely affected by mental imbalances, increasing acid formation and taste for destructive habits especially pertaining to foods.
Because potassium is vital for attracting oxygen to the tissues, lack of it reduces lax muscles and can weaken heart. Digestion and assimilation of albumin, fibrin, gelatinous foods and sugars are impaired.
- dry skin
- numbness with tingling neuritis
- muscular atrophy
- nerve sensitivity
- tenderness and weakness in tendons and muscles
- pain in lower back of head (can bring on a powerful headache)
- poor bowel activity
- crawling sensation in feet beneath skin or at roots of teeth
- skin itches,
- rosy patches on skin
- itching around former injuries and scars
- Tossing and turning at night
- bottoms of feet are often red, burning tender or swollen
- Feet seem weak and unable to provide good support
- Walking causes weakness
- Nose and throat suffer, may feel like food sticks in the throat
- Pains and aches in the stomach
- The bladder burns and aches
- Ticklish in the nose, and shooting pains in the jaw
- Parotids (salivary glands) are swollen and arteries are weak
DIABETICS NEED HIGH POTASSIUM DIET:
Diabetes, which involves reduced tolerance to sugar, indicates a lack of potassium. Tissue waste products, tissue water, acid and glucose stress the kidneys. In time, the sugar that is refused by the body passes thru the kidneys and is often diagnosed as kidney diseases when potassium hunger is the actual cause.
Potassium and iron is needed for energy, if the body has lost the power to utilize potassium the oxygen supply is also diminished.
Massage, osteopathy, chiropractic and electrical treatments homoepathic remedies, allopathic drugs alone are not sufficient methods; proper diet MUST be followed too.
HIGHEST POTASSIUM FOODS
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
DRIED RED, PINTO, WHITE, MUNG, STRING BEANS
BROCCOLI BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Jodi Barnett N.D.
Harvested Health LLC.
If you’d like some assistance with your Nutritional Battle Plan, you can go to http://www.mkt.com/harvested-health-llc and schedule a consultation and we will get you on my appointment schedule.