Many have asked what does being an “Orthomolecular Naturopathic Doctor” mean??? Well here ya go………….
The difference between Allopathic medicine & Orthomolecular Nutrition:
- Medicine uses drugs to treat dis-ease
- Orthomolecular Nutrition uses food and herbal/supplements to nourish your body and we seek to remove dietary stressors that maybe challenging your normal physical functions in the way of tossing you attention getting symptoms
- Medicine addresses dis-ease by measuring symptoms, case history, physical exam, and lab tests
- No difference here Orthomolecular Nutrition I offer the same system to address
- Medicine addresses dis-ease by pathology
- Orthomolecular Nutrition seeks to identify challenges within ones normal physical workings
- Medical seeks to put together a diagnosis of dis-ease give it a “name”
- Orthomolecular Nutrition seeks to put together a plan to eliminate specific dietary/lifestyle stressors causing the physical miscommunication and imbalance
We both then offer a treatment plan, Medical can offer drugs, or possibly surgical relief. Orthomolecular Nutrition believes in working in harmony with the physical body and trying to avoid losing necessary body parts & organs and restrengthening what has become weakened.
Does the Orthomolecular Nutritional route take longer in most cases.. that depends on what each unique person is dealing with physically… but there is a vast difference in what feels like instant relief for a brief period, (if you don’t eliminate what caused the problem in the first place, it will in most cases come back and knock on your body’s door) vs. making appropriate lifestyle changes to recreate the cellular/physical harmony your body craves and desires. We usually have to help a person from both a physical as well as emotional level to make these changes with habits that have been learned, and grafted in us emotionally.
Both forms of treatment and approach have their proper place in the care and maintenance of your health. I believe we live in a world today where we can reap the benefits of both forms of healthcare.
So there ya go folks….. So if what I offer sounds like a route your willing to being rolling down then I’m your gal.. give me a call and lets begin your journey together…. 219-713-4789
Jodi Barnett N.D.
QFA Clinician, Orthomolecular Nutrition Coach,
Raw food coach,
Harvested Health LLC.
One thought on “What does being an Orthomolecular Naturopathic Doctor Mean?”